The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment chairs the Working Group. Germany and the World Bank are Co-Chairs.
The are five sub-sector working groups:
- The Geology and Minerals Group is chaired by the Department of Geology and Minerals. The Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources is the co-chair.
- The Water Resources Management Group is chaired by the Department of Water Resources. Australia is the co-chair.
- The Disasters, Climate Change and Environment Group is chaired by the Department of Climate Change. UNDP is the co-chair.
Pre- consultation for the 12th High-Level Round Table Meeting
The 21st Conference of Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 21) in Paris marked a major international opportunity for concerted action on climate change.
The Natural Resources and Environment Sector Working Group met on the 6th of November 2015 for a pre-consultation in the run up to the 12th High-Level Round Table meeting.
Participants discussed sectoral priorities and Lao PDR’s strategy on climate change; the “Intended NationallyDetermined Contribution,” that was recently submitted to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change for COP 21, the International Climate Change Summit in to be held in Paris in December this year.
Read the article on the pre-consultation that was originally posted in the Vientiane Times.
SWG secretariat contacts
- Mr. Souksamone Pathammavong, Deputy Director General of Planning and Cooperation Department, MoNRE, Tel: 020 2222 4099
- Ms. Heejoo Lee, Environmental Policy and Planning, Consultant, World Bank, Tel: 020 2804 9333